Gary Davis, CPA - President
With more than 30 years of experience in public accounting and taxation, Gary has extensive knowledge of the tax and accounting issues faced by closely held companies, individuals, estates and trusts.
He started Gary L. Davis, CPA in 2003; which later became Davis Group, CPAs after nearly 20 years at a large regional accounting firm because he wanted to get back to helping small businesses and the people who run them. Gary earned a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting from North Carolina State University. He is a Certified Public Accountant, and currently lives nearby in Rockwell, North Carolina. When away from the office, Gary enjoys reading, good food, and spending time with his granddaughters, Harper and Sloane.
Gary is also very active in the local community, as well as professionally, with current or former memberships/leadership positions in the following organizations:
- NCACPA and AICPA, Current Member
- Rowan County Chamber of Commerce, Current Member
- Rowan Rotary Club, Past President and Treasurer, Form Member
- The Michael Yang Foundation, Former Board Member
- The Country Club of Salisbury, Past Board Member and Treasurer
- Rowan Baseball Incorporated (RBI), Past Board Member
- North Carolina State University Alumni Association
- Rowan County Rape, Child and Family Abuse Crisis Council of Salisbury-Rowan, Inc., Past Board Member
- Leadership Rowan - Inaugural Class
- East Rowan Little League, Past President